Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I don't need a manufacturer's license! I just design...

What? A manufacturer License is required even if I am just designing! Well during the LA Textile Show Spring 2012, I found out that even if I only design my clothing line in my studio and nothing else, I still need a manufacturer's license. I investigated further and indeed, the State of California states that anyone involve at any level of the apparel business making, the individual or entity, must have a manufacturer's license. The website gives all the information and provides all the application.  The Apparel Resource, Inc. CEO Randy Youngblood  during the Manufacturing in Los Angeles seminar stated that if a person does not have a license at the moment of an auditing, any finished apparel can and will be confiscated for good.  The license doesn't cost much but there is a $25 fee for a garment examination, which need to be taken before the state issues the license, so this week is time to get on tract and become updated with permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment